The fight for gender parity has achieved tremendous progress, but there is still so much to do. For one, when it comes to leadership, men are still perceived to carry much more capability than women. As time passes and women continue to fight for equality, these public perceptions are changing.
Through the years of progressive effort, women have changed the unfavourable work environment and redefined their roles, particularly at top management and executive levels.
In celebration of International Women’s Month this March, MARKETECH APAC has decided to launch the ‘Empowered Women’ series to honour and spotlight female leaders with the goal of inspiring women marketers to focus on their potential in marketing and leadership.
The empowered women series features audio and video of conversations with female marketing experts across the Asia-Pacific region with the goal of highlighting their career trajectory and contributions as well as their marketing insights on latest trends and issues in the industry – and how female marketers can continue to thrive and lead the stride for female leadership and ingenuity.
Check out the line-up of conversations with female marketing leaders under the podcast series:
- Charlotte Ward, founder at Agnes Media, she discussed her passion for marketing measurement and the challenges she had to face in leading Agnes Media. Hear her insights as well about the biggest marketing challenge that B2B brands face nowadays.
- Ace Gapuz, CEO at Blogapalooza, described how creators and influencers have a big impact on consumers’ mindsets, their beliefs, and on how they will decide to act as well as the essence of women in the marketing and advertising industry.
- In an interview with Raushida Vasaiwala, general manager for Asia-pacific at Celtra, she shared her career trajectory and what motivated her to pursue the marketing and tech industry as well as her insights on the importance of creative automation for brands.
- Melissa Sandhu, deputy general manager of marketing communications at Desaru Coast, she talked about her approach to content development and her tips and advice for hotel brands that are struggling to cope with the economic consequences of the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Manisha Seewal, chief marketing officer at Gumtree Australia, she discussed the changes, innovations, and opportunities in the automotive industry. Hear her insights about trends that would shape the future and her advice for marketers who want to be part of the automotive industry.
- Vasuta Agarwal, SVP & managing director at InMobi APAC, discussed her best advertising practices as well as her insights about the significant changes in the gaming industry in Southeast Asia in terms of consumer behaviour, management, and innovation.
- Aditi Kapoor, former marketing lead at Metromart Philippines, shared her biggest takeaways in her decade-long career journey in steering the wheel of the marketing of various brands in the e-commerce, media, and retail sector in Southeast Asia. Aditi also shared the role of mentorship in shaping future marketers.
- Angeli Beltran, director of interactive commerce ASEAN & global care centre of excellence at Reckitt, she discussed her marketing strategies in this time of pandemic and her passion for interactive commerce as well as her advice for marketers who take care of multiple markets.
- In this episode, we feature the women leaders of Society Pass, Arbie Pagdanganan, Philippines country manager & vice president of product development, and Pamela Aw-Young, chief operating officer, as they talk about the next generation of e-commerce platforms and loyalty programs in the Philippines.
You can also check out the lineup of conversations with Women marketers under the video content series:
- Gretchen Largoza, CEO at AdSpark Philippines, she shares her marketing journey across different domains in Southeast Asia as well as her insights about the cultural differences and unique features between Southeast Asian countries as well as her advice for future marketers.
- Azadeh Williams, founder and managing partner at AZK Media, talked about her career journey, and her leadership philosophy as well as sharing her tips for women marketers seeking to balance personal and business life.
- Eileen Ooi, CEO at Omnicom Media Group Malaysia, shared her career journey in working as a leader in the media agency industry and her philosophy in leadership as well as her insights on how the landscape of the media affects consumer behaviour.
Listen and watch our space as we showcase more in-depth conversations with female marketing leaders in discussing cutting-edge marketing trends and empowering professional insights.
If you are a marketing or tech leader who wants to share your industry journey and insights, email us at [email protected].