Singapore – What started out as a series of inspiring exclusive conversations with remarkable women leaders in marketing has now sprung up to present a much larger platform to recognise the far-reaching influence of empowered female forces in the industry.
‘Empowered Women Awards 2023’ is the inaugural awarding exercise of MARKETECH APAC for women leaders in the marketing industry from the APAC region. After months of rigorous nominations and a meticulous judging process, we’ve finally uncovered who amongst the impressive roster of leader nominees has stood out to be hailed as the winners of the Empowered Women Awards 2023.
On June 27, 2023, winners were finally announced through a virtual awarding ceremony.
There had been five special categories that segmented winners into who the Empowered Women are in Marketing, Agency, Technology, Platforms, and SME.
Meanwhile, the event also served as an afternoon filled with learnings and engaging insights
A fireside chat between Michelle Eve Guzman, marketing director of Cebu Pacific Air, and Simone Tam, group and creative chief executive officer of Dentsu Hong Kong, discussed inspiring the next generation of leaders and how women in the industry are levelling up their stewardship.
An A-list-led panel discussion also saw women marketing leaders of top brands pooled together to talk about how female leaders in the industry are building high-impact brands from the ground up.
Moderated by Eileen Ooi, CEO of Omnicom Media Group, the panel comprised Danielle Ong, head of East, Southeast Asia & ANZ at MessageBird; Winnie Tan, founder & CEO of TripZilla.com; and Neha Basin, director of brands communications at ZALORA Group.
The group talked about comprehensive strategies for building a brand identity, fostering a culture of brand innovation, and ultimately, how leaders can drive their teams to achieve business goals.
For the full list of the winners of the Empowered Women Awards 2023, check out the run-down below:
[In alphabetical order based on their last name]
- Neha Bhasin, Director of Brand Communications at ZALORA Group, on using the influence of fashion to amplify voices in diversity and inclusion. Learn more about her achievements here.
- Patricia Freijo, the Vice President of Customer Growth at TrafficGuard, on widening the representation of women in tech, one empowered stride at a time. Learn how she weathered challenges in being a female voice here.
- Ayaan Mohamud, Regional Vice President of Marketing for APAC at impact.com, on leading the company through effective and results-driven strategies, as well as strengthening industry partnerships. Check out her leadership story here.
- Simone Tam, Group & Creative CEO of Dentsu Hong Kong, on being at the forefront of a massive corporate restructuring in Adland. Read about her journey as an empowered female creative rising through the ranks to be regarded as one of the veterans here.
- Winnie Tan, Founder & CEO of TripZilla.com, on rebuilding the foundations of the business she once started from scratch. Read about how she cushioned the disruption of the pandemic on travel brands here.
[In alphabetical order based on their last name]
- Syahriza Badron, General Manager at FCB SHOUT, on being the agency’s driving force in securing new business wins and implementing creative experiences. Learn more of her business-forward leadership strategy here.
- Geetha Boyani, Head of Performance at 2Stallions Digital Marketing Agency, on how she made the big career jump to bolster agency efficiency and productivity. Check out how her career transition empowered her leadership here.
- Vianne Cai, Head of Marketing Solutions, LinkedIn China, on pioneering LinkedIn’s marketing solutions in the Chinese market. Read about her inspiring leadership journey here.
- Allison Chew, Head of PR, Brand and Marketing, AIA Singapore, on scaling the insurance company’s CSR initiatives with meaningful impact on both business growth and society. Learn how she directed its most successful advocacy-led campaigns here.
- May Chin, Head of Product – Growth, Experimentation & Analytics at ZALORA Group, and her quest to blend creative experiences into her product experience leadership. Learn how she employs these strategies to democratise female leadership internally in our story here.
- Mikaela Crimmins, Head of Strategy & Experience at Orchard, on leading the company as a digital agency powerhouse through grit and inclusivity. Check out her various agency achievements and initiatives here.
- Masayu Difa, Client Director for Indonesia at Lion & Lion, on building the digital brand voice of a top beauty brand in Indonesia. Find out how she’s able to lead the agency into continuous growth and success here.
- Danielle Eleazar-Ocampo, Head of Marketing for New Verticals at foodpanda Philippines, on amplifying the brand beyond food delivery. Learn more about her achievements as a woman leader here.
- How Juliana Reina Encarnado, Vice President and Head of Corporate Communications and PR of Converge ICT Solutions Inc., drove the company into a leading ISP provider via media share and marketing communications. Learn more of it here.
- Heidi Hamester, Digital Design Lead of TASK, on using human-first creativity to bring forward martech solutions that enhance experience for brands and consumers. Learn how she’s able to leverage the power of visual communications as an empowered woman leader here.
- Germaine Hendrik, Head of Marketing of APAC at Quantcast, on being a strong female representation in the world of adtech. Learn how she is helping drive business growth in the adtech platform all over APAC here.
- Heily Hindrea, Head of B2B Product at ZALORA Group, and how her B2B expertise empowers the company’s offering in the region. Check out her strategies here.
- Jennifer Lee, Beverage Marketing Lead of PepsiCo Malaysia, on being the leader behind the beverage brand’s most engaging and successful campaigns. Learn how passion for marketing led her to becoming the empowered woman leader she is today here.
- Joanne Lim, Head of Marketing of Virgin Active Singapore, and her ‘jack-of-all-trades’ leadership strategy to bring back Virgin Active Singapore into recovery: Learn more of these strategies here.
- Claudia Low, Regional Creative Content Director of Lion & Lion, on shaping the brand voice of the marketing agency. Learn how she’s breaking stereotypes by being the only female leader in her role here.
- Katherine Ng, Managing Director of TZ APAC, on being a strong female force in the industry of tech. Learn how she is actively contributing to the industry discourse on Web3 here.
- Sybil Ng, Account Director for Asia at Quantcast, on braving the wave of media industry hardships and rising to change business challenges: More on her journey here.
- Katie Nguyen, Senior Regional Marketing Manager for Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, and the Philippines at Insider on implementing critical contributions to help Insider’s status as a B2B unicorn company: Check out the contributions here.
- Amelia Peng, Business Director of Malaysia at Lion & Lion, and her quest in extending range of services for its agency service portfolio: Learn more how she achieved positive results here.
- Nattarach Pongpipattnakul, Senior Marketing Manager of Tyson APAC, Tyson Foods International APAC, and how she is using her leadership to accelerate brand awareness for Tyson: Check out what she has achieved here.
- Jessica Faye Tan, Head of Marketing at Moneymax, on elevating the brand to promote local financial literacy content and advice. You can check out how she did it here.
- Lisa Tan, Head of Sales at Carousell Media Group, on being a forward-looking sales leader through innovative ideas in order to boost the advertising arm’s sales processes and efforts. Check out here story here.
- Jirava Virayavardhana, Chief Executive of Ogilvy Thailand, on being a veteran at one of the top advertising agencies and sustaining longevity in leadership. Learn about her four principles in people management here.
- Livia Wang, Chief Brand Officer of Access Brand Co, on how her vision and innovation sets her apart from the crowd and within the company. Check her story here.