Singapore – Food and beverage company Ebb & Flow has launched Sunny Slices, the country’s first full-on vegetable pizza joint to a growing response of vegetarians in the country.
The pizza joint will be offering six flavors, namely:
- Homestead Harvest (broccoli, butternut squash, green capsicum, Spanish onions, oyster mushrooms topped with toasted cashews on a tomato base)
- Katzoo (vegan chicken Katsu on a homemade vegan Bulldog sauce base, topped with shredded purple cabbage, vegan kewpie mayo, nori, and sesame seeds)
- Mushroom & Pesto (three different kinds of mushrooms, pesto and topped with baby spinach)
- Peking Jackfruit (charred young jackfruit, cucumber, and spring onions on a homemade hoisin sauce base)
- Seafood Laksa (“Prawns” and “Squid” made from Konjac, laksa leaves and topped with fried shallots)
- Meatless Lovers (Omni Pork ™ and Impossible Meat ™ accompanied by onions and black olives on a spicy tomato base, topped with garlic oil and fresh basil)
Feline Gondokusomo, chief strategy officer of Ebb & Flow Group said, “It was clear to us that there was a gap in the market for consumers who enjoy fast food but with plant-based options. People have a misconception that vegan food has to be plain and healthy but we want to show that it can be fun and delicious.”
The pizza joint will be spearheaded by head chefs Addis Tan and Dylan Choong. Tan is head chef of Love Handle Burgers and 8ASH and Choong is previously with Cheek by Jowl and Tippling Club.
“We decided on plant-based pizza because it’s close to our ethos – it’s fun, approachable, convenient, and challenging. And the best part about Sunny Slices is that after indulging in our pizzas, you will still feel good about yourself,” said Tan.
Sunny Slices is available on sunnyslices.com for islandwide delivery or via Foodpanda, Deliveroo, or Grab Food within the Orchard area.